We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa’s brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa’s future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS Centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, government and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Social Media Coordinator!
In this role and reporting to the Global Group Director, Communications and Public Engagement AIMS Global Network, the Social Media Coordinator will support the public engagement efforts of AIMS, creating impact driven digital content and updating AIMS social media platforms.
As the ideal candidate you will collaborate with the Communications team to develop and implement an integrated content schedule across AIMS platforms. You will also collaborate to develop and implement a strategic plan to grow AIMS digital audience. You are comfortably at ease with a variety of social media channels including Twitter, Facebook and Google Hangouts and you are savvy to explore, learn and incorporate other online and social media options to build ongoing awareness of AIMS initiatives.
This is a full-time opportunity based at the Secretariat in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications / /Marketing/ Journalism or another related field or 3+ years of experience social media management
- 2+ years of experience in community and social media management
- 1-2 years working directly with analytical tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Digital native: Know how to navigate professionally on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube and other social circles
- A proven track record in digital strategy, with experience planning, managing and executing successful digital campaigns
- A Powerful storyteller with strong writing and editing skills
- At least one year’s experience working with Google Adwords and other paid search platforms
- Prior experience creating content on behalf of a large organization and/or its executives
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
- Bi-lingual (English/French) is an asset
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Effective team player to: meet deadlines, responsive to on-demand needs and manage multiple time-sensitive requests
- Collaborative and inclusive
- Demonstrated maturity to discreetly handle matters of confidence with a high level of tact and diplomacy
- Highly engaged to stay attuned to global news, trends and emerging issues
- Candidates should be curious, collaborative and self-directed; show creativity and curiosity in exploring new technologies and creating content
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com (i.e. quote “Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until April 25, 2018.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.