Adventist University of Central and East Africa Library
The Adventist University of Central Africa Library is “a growing organism” and an ideal one stop Knowledge and Information centre known to be a heart of academics. The core focal point for the existence of our Library is to be a centre of excellence in delivery of distinctive Library services essential for the pursuit of cutting edge academic research, teaching, and lifelong Faith-directed learners as well as highly conducive atmosphere for private reading and research. The existence of the Library is to accomplish the tasks, functions and objectives as laid down in the University’s Strategic Plan.
The Library is to carry out basic functions of acquiring, organizing and disseminating information in support of the Institute’s vision and mission. More specifically it is to provide reading, reference, and other Library services to the students, academic staff, and non-academic staff and to a limited number of qualified outsiders as external users. The Library is fully equipped with wide varieties of printed and E-information resources; serials and monographs as well as reference services. Library collections are often kept up to date through the acquisition of current resources in accordance to the needs of students, faculty, administration, and the community.
We believe in providing such services and products in a more holistic approach to aid in the study, teaching and research Information needs necessary for knowledge enhancement. As “a growing organism” technologies are part of our everyday life we integrate technologies to execute the library’s duties, reducing manual functions, improving the accessibility of library materials and enhancing the utilization of library services and products.
Users are provided with point-of-use instructions, professional personal assistance in conducting literature search and other services, conducive reading environment, Current Awareness Services (CAS), Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI), Reference Services, Researched works (Dissertations, Thesis, as well as staff Publications), monographs (in all subject disciplines), CDs and DVDs in all the above mentioned subjects, National and International Magazines and Journals, Official government publications, Internet services (for browsing the online resources), E-resources (online journals, magazines, and other textual information resources), Photocopying and Printing Services.
Make this centre of distinctive Library services your home as we strive to nurture lifelong Faith-directed learners.
A centre of excellence in delivery of distinctive Library and Information services essential for the pursuit of cutting edge academic research, teaching, and lifelong faith-directed learners.
To provide holistic Students, Faculty, Staff and Community based Library and Information Services aiming at study, teaching and research services necessary for lifelong learners and knowledge enhancement.
The Library Core Values
The Library in the day to day interactions is guided by the Core Values of KRISQC (Knowledge, Respect, Integrity, Service, Quality and Communication).
- To encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We celebrate on truth seeking through discourse and investigation.
- To anticipate and contribute to scholarly inquiry of the University.
- We promote the Library as both a real and virtual extended classroom.
- To embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual records and Knowledge.
- We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
- We encourage differences in different perspectives, opinions and ideas.
- We consider the needs of others and serve them excellently.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse to our patrons.
- We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
- We adhere to the principles of fairness, justice and equality in our work.
- To promote the highest standards of service with open and equitable access to information.
- To demonstrate a strong work ethic, responsible for our actions, keeping our words, and following through on our commitments.
- To offer an environment that supports flexibility, creativity, and collaboration.
- We believe that each user of our Library is unique and important.
- We evolve to meet the changing needs of the Library and its users.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
- We commit ourselves to excellence and professionalism.
- To seek out the best people and resources to accomplish our work.
- We support individual growth and organizational development.
- To work diligently to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- To engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
- To recognize the importance of Library-wide participation.
- To reach out to all segments of our user communities.
- We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the Library’s success.